You want to learn more about herbal medicine, about the plants that grow about us.
Enjoy a sustainable socially useful way of life or just learn something new.
APPRENTICESHIPS are a model that are becoming popular since the introduction of tuition fees in universities has led to less university courses. The Online courses give you the flexibility to suit your lifestyle. They have been created by The National Institute of Herbal Medicine with a company called Heartwood. There are great tutors, student interaction and the courses are much cheaper if bought via your local herbalist (me).
I only take on apprentices if they are willing to learn about plants, to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. Prices tbc. You will also need to be a member of Herbaculture (free). You will have a structured online course to work from and I will add workshops on growing herbs, residentials in Suffolk, lessons on permaculture principles and provide guidance in your learning as well as tasks listed below:
STEP ONE: SIGN UP TO AN ONLINE COURSE: FOUNDATION OR PROFESSIONAL.
I can give you a code to get a discount but I'm not allowed to have it on my website, just ask me for it.
STEP TWO: Become a Herbaculture MEMBER by filling in a form. This is Free.
STEP THREE: PUT WORKSHOP DATES IN YOUR DIARY.
* Videos to promote apprenticeships needed. Can you hold the camera? can you edit? would you video your experience as an apprentice?
* Various other videos needed.
* Organise a herb walk. I join to help you present a herb walk to your friends in your local area.
* Adopt a herb: Choose one herb to research and present your findings online.
* Gardening workshops are seasonal and there will always be cuttings and plants to buy.
* Residentials are based in South Suffolk in the beautiful Stour Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty AONB where I live. One hour from Liverpool Street (Manningtree Train station). Coaches to Colchester or Ipswich, Bus 93 drops you off at my gate from Ipswich or Colchester.